Simulation Team Member
SkyDrive are looking for a passionate and talented engineer to join the Simulation Team. The role is multi-disciplinary and applicants must have a passion for new technology whilst working in a lean manor to help achieve program objectives and help to SkyDrive deliver a range of certified eVTOLs into the Advanced Air Mobility Eco-System.
The role will involve work across multiple aspects of Simulation and Modelling for manned Air Mobility products, including:
- Simulation & modelling requirements capture
- Simulation environment specification and implementation
- Code and model development and support
- Integration of subsystem models of differing levels of fidelity through the programme lifecycle
- Integration of simulation models on test rigs
- Support to user community
The role will require interfacing with many disciplines, including Flight Characteristics, Loads, Aerodynamics, Flight Controls, Test (simulation, rigs, ground and flight), as well as requirements management and a variety of activities to support achieving certification.
The successful candidate will form a part of a small technical team and requires good interpersonal skills (in a multilingual environment), strong work ethic, efficient self-management, passion to learn new skills and help develop others
- Provide technical support to all simulation and modelling projects.
- Actively participate in the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of simulation environment.
- Work with simulation users to design new features and improve the user experience.
- Support aircraft level integration by providing simulation tools, knowledge and expertise to support the activities of other technical teams.
- Positively participate in development and management of simulation requirements, from capture, through V&V and compliance for certification.
- Apply best practice by combining knowledge from conventional aerospace and new approaches for eVTOL. Emphasis on the needs of a lean start-up culture with novel designs and unique operational characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing and implementing simulations for aerospace vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team that has developed complex analysis and simulation tools and environments.
- Knowledge of technical requirements for simulation and participated in managing them through the life-cycle phases (capture, mature, validation and verification).
- Strong software design and development skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink, Python, and C/C++.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing.
- Have a creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in developing models from a blank sheet and from first principles to aid aircraft simulation, integration and testing.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Good time management and inter-personal skills to manage internal and external stakeholders. Proactive attitude to ensure the optimum outcome for the program.
- If no existing experience with multi-copter design, then willingness to learn about differences with conventional fixed/rotary wing aircraft.
- Business level English and able to build positive relationships in a multilingual environment.
- Flight dynamics knowledge and simulation experience for multicopters. If no practical experience then at least an understanding of major differences to conventional f/wing or r/wing theory.
- Understanding of aerodynamics of multi-copters and impact on simulation requirements.
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of multicopter flight controllers, electrical propulsion and energy storage and supply systems (professional or hobby).
- Adopted new technology in aerospace and supported development of novel aircraft configurations.
- Understanding of rotor blade aerodynamics and rotor dynamics, to a level that impacts aircraft level behaviour
- Knowledge of proposed eVTOL regulations and means of compliance.
- Development Base Toyota（Asuke-Chiku, Toyota City, Aichi）or Tokyo
＊If you live outside Aichi Prefecture, you must be able to travel to the development site.
Benefits and Others
- Discretionary labor system
- Saturdays, Sundays, and New Year Holidays
- Health insurance, employee pesion (according to Japan standards), employement insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance