Performance Team Leader
SkyDrive are looking for a passionate and talented leader to fill the role of Performance Team Leader. The role is multi-disciplinary and applicants must have a passion for new technology whilst working in a lean manor to achieve program objectives and help to SkyDrive deliver a range of certified eVTOLs into the Advanced Air Mobility Eco-System.
The role requires leadership across all aspects of Performance analysis for manned Air Mobility products, including:
- Define, develop and implement the environment, models and tools for Performance analysis
- Performance analysis and modelling requirements capture
- Provide direct engineering support and analysis to sales campaigns, including Performance guarantees
- Preparation of Certification Plan, including MoC definition
- Interface with Certification Authorities (JCAB/FAA/EASA etc) as required
Integration is a critical aspect of the role and will require interfacing with many disciplines, including Aerodynamics, Flight Characteristics, Flight Controls, Battery, Motor, Test (rigs, ground and flight), requirements management and all activities associated with achieving certification.
The successful candidate will be a critical part of the technical team and requires good interpersonal skills (in a multilingual environment), strong work ethic, efficient self-management, passion to learn new skills and help develop others.
- Lead on all Performance analysis and be responsible for integrating with aircraft development and certification.
- Technical authority for Performance related decisions.
- Support aircraft level integration (from Performance perspective) by providing Performance expertise and tools to support the activities of other technical teams.
- Key role in development and management of Performance analysis and design requirements, from capture, through V&V and compliance for certification.
- Work closely with the Safety Team to ensure Performance aspects are considered in aircraft level safety assessments.
- Develop best practice by combining knowledge from conventional aerospace and new approaches for eVTOL. Emphasis on the needs of a lean start-up culture with novel designs and unique operational characteristics.
- Develop and nurture talent with a wide range of backgrounds, experience and skill level. Assist in recruitment activities within the Performance team and related areas across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Performance analysis for certified aerospace vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a Performance team.
- Experience working across all aspects of aircraft Performance analysis, across all phases of the aircraft life-cycle, from concept generation to certification and entry into service.
- Experience of planning and executing Performance related flight test programmes for certified aerospace vehicles.
- Generated technical requirements for Performance discipline and taken responsibility for managing them throughout the life-cycle (capture, mature, validation and verification). Good understanding of aircraft development processes (e.g. ARP4754).
- Worked across multiple disciplines and skilled at harmonising technical challenges across multiple teams. Excellent project management and inter-personal skills to manage internal and external stakeholders (including suppliers and regulators). Proactive attitude to ensure the optimum outcome for the program.
- Deep knowledge in at least one-of Part/CS 23/25/27/29 and experience in developing means of compliance for requirements relating to Performance.
- Ability to question traditional assumptions in the application of regulations, guidance material, and engineering specifications.
- Developed techniques from blank sheet to aid aircraft design, integration and testing.
- If no existing experience with multi-copter design, then ability to quickly learn from team members about differences with conventional fixed/rotary wing aircraft.
- Understanding of rotor blade aerodynamics and rotor dynamics, to a level that impacts Performance analysis.
- Business level English and able to build positive relationships in a multilingual environment.
- Performance knowledge and experience for multicopters. If no practical experience then at least an understanding of theory and the challenges associated with certification (and major differences to conventional f/wing or r/wing).
- Experience of Performance analysis for electrically powered aerospace vehicles.
- Understanding of aerodynamics of multi-copters and impact on Performance requirements and analysis.
- Experienced in direct discussions with regulators and participation in standards groups for development of new technology.
- Adopted new technology in aerospace and developed novel aircraft configurations and/or negotiated alternative means of compliance with regulators.
- Comfortable with analysis tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, Python etc
- Knowledge of proposed eVTOL regulations and means of compliance.
- Development Base Toyota（Asuke-Chiku, Toyota City, Aichi）or Tokyo
＊If you live outside Aichi Prefecture, you must be able to travel to the development site.
Benefits and Others
- Discretionary labor system
- Saturdays, Sundays, and New Year Holidays
- Health insurance, employee pesion (according to Japan standards), employement insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance