Mass Team Member
SkyDrive are looking for a passionate and talented engineer to join the Mass Properties Team. The role is multi-disciplinary and applicants must have a passion for new technology whilst working in a lean manor to help achieve program objectives and help to SkyDrive deliver a range of certified eVTOLs into the Advanced Air Mobility Eco-System.
The role will involve work across multiple aspects of Mass Property management for manned Air Mobility products, including:
- Mass property requirements capture
- Work with aircraft dynamics, aircraft performance and other teams to define the mass & CG envelope.
- Provide Mass Property information to
- to simulation, aircraft dynamics team and other team.
- Plan and execute Mass property validation and verification activity and show compliance.
The role will require interfacing with many disciplines, including System design, Structure design, EWIS (Electrical wiring interconnection system), Flight Characteristics, Loads, Simulation, as well as requirements management and a variety of activities to support achieving certification.
The successful candidate will form a part of a small technical team and requires good interpersonal skills (in a multilingual environment), strong work ethic, efficient self-management, passion to learn new skills and help develop others
- Provide technical support to all Mass Properties Management.
- Active participation in terms of Mass Properties in order to improve design and aircraft performance.
- Work with Structure design and system design to manage Mass Properties.
- Support aircraft level integration by providing knowledge and expertise to support the activities of other technical teams.
- Positively participate in management of mass property requirement, from capture, through V&V and compliance for certification.
- Apply best practice by combining knowledge from conventional aerospace and new approaches for eVTOL. Emphasis on the needs of a lean start-up culture with novel designs and unique operational characteristics.
- To build an environment including tool in which the center of gravity can be managed in any aircraft configuration during flight test campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing for aerospace vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team that has developed analysis and simulation tools and environments.
- Knowledge of basic physics
- Proficiency in Excel and Macro.
- Experience in 3D CAD (CATIA V5)
- Have a creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.4Good time management and inter-personal skills to manage internal and external stakeholders. Proactive attitude to ensure the optimum outcome for the program.
- If no existing experience with multi-copter design, then willingness to learn about differences with conventional fixed/rotary wing aircraft.
- Business level English and able to build positive relationships in a multilingual environment.
- Technical English writing
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink, Python or other appropriate programming language.
- Adopted new technology in aerospace and supported development of novel aircraft configurations.
- Knowledge of proposed eVTOL regulations and means of compliance.
- Development Base Toyota（Asuke-Chiku, Toyota City, Aichi）or Tokyo
＊If you live outside Aichi Prefecture, you must be able to travel to the development site.
Benefits and Others
- Discretionary labor system
- Saturdays, Sundays, and New Year Holidays
- Health insurance, employee pesion (according to Japan standards), employement insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance