Flight Characteristics Team Member
SkyDrive are looking for a passionate and talented engineer to join the Flight Characteristics Team. The role is multi-disciplinary and applicants must have a passion for new technology whilst working in a lean manor to achieve program objectives and help to SkyDrive deliver a range of certified eVTOLs into the Advanced Air Mobility Eco-System.
The role requires leadership across multiple aspects of Flight Characteristics analysis for manned Air Mobility products, including:
- Define, develop and implement the environment, models and tools for Flight Characteristics analysis
- Flight Characteristics analysis and modelling requirements capture
- Preparation of Certification Plan, including MoC definition
- Interface with Certification Authorities (JCAB/FAA/EASA etc) as required
The role will require interfacing with many disciplines, including Aerodynamics, Simulation, Flight Controls, Test (rigs, ground and flight) as well as requirements management and a variety of activities to support achieving certification.
The successful candidate will form a part of a small technical team and requires good interpersonal skills (in a multilingual environment), strong work ethic, efficient self-management, passion to learn new skills and help develop others
- Provide technical support for Flight Characteristics analysis.
- Support aircraft level integration by providing Flight Characteristics expertise and tools to support the programme and the activities of other technical teams.
- Positively participate in development and management of Flight Characteristics analysis and design requirements, from capture, through V&V and compliance for certification.
- Apply best practice by combining knowledge from conventional aerospace and new approaches for eVTOL. Emphasis on the needs of a lean start-up culture with novel designs and unique operational characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Flight Characteristics analysis for aerospace vehicles.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team that has developed and applied Flight Characteristics analysis tools and environments
- Experience of Flight Characteristics related flight test programmes for aerospace vehicles.
- Knowledge of technical requirements for Flight Characteristics discipline and participated in managing them throughout the life-cycle (capture, mature, validation and verification).
- Knowledge in at least one-of Part/CS 23/25/27/29 requirements relating to Flight Characteristics.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink, Python etc
- Have a creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience in developing analysis from a blank sheet and from first principles to aid aircraft design, integration and testing.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Good time management and inter-personal skills to manage internal and external stakeholders. Proactive attitude to ensure the optimum outcome for the program.
- If no existing experience with multi-copter design, then willingness to learn about differences with conventional fixed/rotary wing aircraft.
- Business level English and able to build positive relationships in a multilingual environment.
- Flight Characteristics knowledge and experience for multicopters. If no practical experience, then at least an understanding of theory and the challenges associated with certification (and major differences to conventional f/wing or r/wing).
- Experience of Flight Characteristics analysis for aircraft with fly-by-wire control system.
- Experience working with and/or knowledge of multicopter flight controllers, electrical propulsion and energy storage and supply systems (professional or hobby).
- Understanding of multi-copters and rotor blades aerodynamics and rotor dynamics and impact on Flight Characteristics requirements and analysis.
- Adopted new technology in aerospace and supported development of novel aircraft configurations.
- Strong software design and development skills.
- Knowledge of proposed eVTOL regulations and means of compliance.
- Development Base Toyota（Asuke-Chiku, Toyota City, Aichi）or Tokyo
＊If you live outside Aichi Prefecture, you must be able to travel to the development site.
Benefits and Others
- Discretionary labor system
- Saturdays, Sundays, and New Year Holidays
- Health insurance, employee pesion (according to Japan standards), employement insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance